Like the numbers of the actual year itself, 2020, I declare 2020 the year of balance! Balance is important to most areas of life like eating, sleeping, working, exercising, etc. The list goes on and on. Extremes in any area are NOT good.
- If you over exercise, you’ll injure yourself.
- If you over eat, you’ll probably eventually be over-weight.
- If you over sleep, you’ll miss out on life.
- If you over work, you’ll miss out on life and be stressed.
The same applies to investing! You knew that was coming, didn’t you?
- If you invest too little, you limit your future freedom.
- If you invest too much, you limit your day to day freedom.
- If you over concentrate in one area, you’re taking excess risks.
- If you under concentrate in one area, you’re missing other opportunities.
Extremes in any one area of investing (and life) can cause you to be out of balance and, ultimately, impact the other areas. Balance in life and investing are key. So, let’s get 2020 started with balance.
- Investing and Exercise – Endurance Events!
- Investing and Eating – Portion Control!
- Investing and Sleeping – Consistency Saves the Day!
- Investing and Working – Leave it to the Professionals!
All investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against loss. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. There can be no guarantee that strategies promoted will be successful and no guarantee of positive results.